Located on the hills overlooking the medieval city of Lucca, inside the historic complex of the Matraia Borgo, Villa Guinigi offers luxury apartments as holiday homes or for sale.
Situated within the lush green of an ancient parkland, and enriched by over five hundred years of history, the property has been beautifully restored to offer dream homes in the classic Tuscan rural style.
Thanks to its strategic location - less than an hour's drive from Pisa and Florence airports, 30 minutes from Tassignano di Lucca airport, suitable for private jets - Villa Guinigi offers easy access to both cultural attractions and gastro-tourism itineraries, whose tradition is celebrated the world over.
The Medieval Borgo, once the productive heart of the Villa Guinigi Farm, comprises several buildings divided into perfectly restored apartments, using traditional fittings and colours which recall the surrounding natural landscape.
The apartments are of different size, from small lofts to three-bedrooms apartments, some over more than one floor and many with private gardens or with breathtaking views on the valley below.
The staff of Villa Guinigi, strong experience gained in organizing events, as well as offering you an ancient Tuscan historic home as a suggestive location will accompany you in the celebration, in order to make the ceremony unforgettable, unique and exclusive. The elegant and refined Salon in the main body of the Villa can accommodate up to 150 seats, while the view of the extended garden is able to satisfy any decorative need, making the location suitable for both corporate and private events, in the suggestive setting landscape that always surprises those who discover it.
Among the services offered by the staff of Villa Guinigi you will also find a complete consultation for the wedding: from the organization of the buffet to the decorations, from the sounds to the lights, up to the furniture, we think of all the aspects that, as I use to say in Tuscany, "they take sleep from the spouses".
During the first half of the XVIth Century, the Guinigi family, at the time Dukes of Lucca, decided to build their country residence near Matraia, an ideal location due to its temperate climate and spectacular views over the plain of Lucca.
Over the following centuries a small succession of owners have contributed to the conservation of the property in a way that has allowed it to now be beautifull restored, maintaining its character as a stately country house and estate, whilst transforming it into typical tuscan homes.
Particular attention has been given to the restoration of the Grand Salon, bringing it to its former glory. The same care and attention has been taken in both the wine cellars and the building which make up the Borgo, which have also undergone structural renovation, in order to maintain their local character, transforming them today in a Spa and gym room with internal pool. The extensive area of the Villa has allowed the "Piano Nobile" to retain all of its original features, with impressive restored apartments on the second floor offering spectacular views either on the park of the villa or on the valley below.
- Leave the motorway at LUCCA EST exit.
- Follow the directions for ABETONE.
- Continue straight on VIALE EUROPA until you will reach VIA MATTEO CIVITALI (you will see the walls of the city on your right).
- Continue for 200 meters and at the traffic light keep straight.
- Continue on the tree road and keep your right hand side.
- At the roundabout go straight (2nd exit) direction BAGNI DI LUCCA / ABETONE
- At the next roundabout, turn left (2nd exit) following the directions for BAGNI DI LUCCA / ABETONE (SS BRENNERO).
- Continue for 4,8 KM (pass the Guidi Car Dealer) and arrive at a crossroad on your right with directions (Blue signs) MATRAIA / VILLA REALE MARLIA
- Turn right and go forward, cross the stop and continue straight.
- Arrived in front of the gates of VILLA REALE turn on the left and then immediately after on the right.
- You will find another cross-road (small road among houses). Turn right.
- Continue on the up-hill road with curves keeping right for Matraia.
- You will reach the small village of Matraia and just before it begins, you will see a grey gate on your right.
You have reached Villa Guinigi.
Leave the motorway at Capannori and follow the directions to Abetone.
Get off at the station of Lucca. Take a taxi or rent a car.
Airport from pisa or Firenze